50 mini decluttering jobs
Get your decluttering party started with one of these mini jobs!
No excuses not to begin with this list, it's straight from my Conquering Your Clutter - 4 Week Mini Planner.
Time to get cracking people!
Here we go....
1. Get rid of socks with no matches
2. Candles with little or no wax - burn or get rid of them
3. Dried up pens with no ink
4. Dispose of dead batteries (recycle in an environmentally responsible way)
5. Old spices - review your spice rack, toss any old or expired spices
6. Broken stuff - lamps, fans, hairdryer, kitchen utensils, kids toys
7. Make your bed
8. Toss old newspapers and magazines in the recycling bin
9. Review 5 pieces of paper / documents and file or toss
10. Remove any junk from under the kitchen sink
11. Sort through any items on top of your fridge
12. Remove a couple of junky trinkets for donation
13. Designate a space / folder for children's artwork
14. Toss old glass jars into the recycling bin
15. Remove old, worn tea towels
16. Spend a couple of minutes each day decluttering your purse / wallet
17. Photo gallery on your phone / tablet
18. Notes in your phone you no longer need
19. Delete old emails
20. Sort mail pile
21. Donate any hotel toiletries (shampoo etc) to a local initiative / centre helping those in need
22. Old recipes taken from magazines that you never actually use
23. Socks / underwear with holes or totally worn out
24. Trunk of your car
25. Old pet toys / broken leads or collars
26. Donate a piece of artwork you no longer enjoy or you purchased just to 'fill up space’
27. Review chargers / cables for electronic devices
28. Toss or donate crafting supplies you no longer use
29. Remove 3 items from garage clutter for donation or rubbish
30. Draw of the table in the entry way / hallway
31. Sort through the pile of shoes (you know, that stash at the front door)
32. Take a few good photos of an item you want to post for sale online (gumtree, eBay etc)
33. Post the item online (ok, this might take more than 5 minutes but at least open an account or write a description)
34. Choose a recipe book you only use a few recipes from. Photograph the recipes in an electronic filing system like Evernote and donate the book.
35. Kids clothes: select a few your kids have grown out of and donate or pass on to a friend
36. Remove 3 items from the laundry that don't actually belong and return them to the correct place The laundry always seems to attract bits and pieces from all over the house!
37. Opt in to have a regular bill sent electronically - cut paper clutter!
38. First aid kit - remove expired medicines or stuff that doesn't belong there
39. Delete unwanted documents from a file in your dropbox account
40. Clean up your laptop's desktop
41. While the kids are in the bath, take the time to declutter the bathroom
42. Clean up old playlists on Spotify or music account
43. Spare buttons you've kept 'just in case' but haven't actually used
44. Remove half finished craft projects that let's face it, you won't ever finish
45. Hardcopy instruction manuals for gadgets - if you can find the instructions online
46. Old gym gear
47. Notes from courses or study you no longer need and probably haven't looked at since you finished the course!
48. Broken pegs
49. Toys no longer played with
50. Spend 10 minutes writing out your decluttering plan for the coming week!
Let me know which job you're going to get started with!